Thanks to the spa and wellness contributors around the world who support a vision to share wisdom, healthy lifestyle, green beauty products that move us towards eco-consciousness, planetary healing, and global wellness.
- The Beauty 100: The Insider's Guide to Spas by Spirituality & Health Magazine - featuring JAMU's Bali Flowers Sea Salt Scrub as one of the Top 10 Best Body Scrubs.
- JAMU Organic Spa Rituals Press Release - our press release featuring our Brand Ambassador and non-profit efforts to support our global healing community.
Whitefish, MT (August 2017) – Cultural influences from Southeast Asia are coming to a spa near you — thanks to a new partnership with JAMU & Organic Spa Rituals founder Kim Collier and leading wellness & education companies such as Saltability, JAMU Spa School & Rainshadow. Aiming to bring the Best of Bali and global healing to spas and practitioners around the world, Collier will design spa and wellness experiences based on the rich culture of Balinese traditions and techniques, herbology, meditation, yoga and music. For every spa experience that is created, a charity will benefit. Each spa treatment requires a Give Back component where JAMU & Organic Spa Rituals will donate a portion of the product sale to a specified non-profit that is designated by Collier herself.
“Creating these rituals as standalone services, one of my goals was to collaborate with others, while helping build the bridge between allopathic and holistic healing. Besides offering a one of a kind healing vibe experience in the spa and treatment room, we’re taking it a step higher and helping each other to support the environment, as well as children and veterans,” says Collier, whose work has been featured in VOGUE and O, The Oprah Magazine to name a few.
Some of the charities Collier has pegged for assistance include:
Do It For The Love: a wish granting non-profit organization that shares live music experiences with people living with life-threatening illnesses, children with severe challenges and wounded veterans.
After living in Bali for eight years and becoming immersed in the traditions of their healing practices, Collier turned her love of the culture into an Indonesian-based product line. In 1993, JAMU began, with Indonesian partners, and her husband and spa designer, Cary Collier of Collier Concepts and Blu Spas Inc. Today, the spa couple continues to develop wellness strategies and bespoke design and philosophical concepts around the world.
And, this year, Collier is laying the groundwork for future collaborations with companies who are interested in providing spa treatments with soul, with purpose, with ancient traditions that are steeped in history and the healing arts of Bali.
Current collaborations include:
SALTABILITY: Kim designed “Ocean Intention” wellness ritual dedicated to the sacred sea. For the Balinese, the ocean is power in action, and the full moon is the most sacred time to gather ocean water, and offer up prayers for the world. This Himalayan salt stone massage and Balinese meditative healing protocol launches at Little Palm Island in Fall 2017. Charity: OCEANA
Rainshadow Labs: Since 1983, Rainshadow FDA approved lab has helped brand-clients launch thousands of personal care products into the natural and organics skin care marketplace. Kim is delighted to support their introduction to spa and hospitality channel by offering unique protocol designs, DIY private label concepts, and promotion of cannabidiol herb (CBD) therapeutic product line. Charity: DoItForTheLove
JAMU Spa School: Located in Bali, this international CIBTAC certified school is renowned for courses in traditional Indonesian treatments, professional spa classes, and herbal healing. Kim promotes classes at the school, and personally welcomes groups of students each year to enjoy traditions of ‘jamu’ while experiencing Bali, Indonesia with her and friends from around the world. Charity: BumiSehat
- Green Spa Network proudly recognized JAMU as a Finalist for the Sustainable Skin Care Award at the 2016 Green Spa Network Congress Gala Banquet. In it's now 6th year, the program is designed to showcase people and companies that have invested in pursuing progress towards a sustainable future and achieved outstanding accomplishments through their leadership, innovation, and dedication.
- Spirituality & Health, April 2017: A Celebration of Love by Alma Tassi - an article featuring JAMU's aphrodisaic favorite, the Javanese Lulur scent, inspired by the traditional rituals of a Javanese wedding.
- Organic Spa Magazine, March 2016: JAMU Founder Kim Collier on Wellness Rituals by Rona Berg - a great article featuring JAMU Organic Spa and Ritual's founder, Kim Collier and a touch on her background in Bali and Balinese Massage.